Sunday, October 4, 2009

The perfect man: Does He exist?


Radio static, a broken speedometer, passing a sea of desolate cooked bushes and white sand stone...at least the AC works. The previous weekend is the only thing I can focus on. Thoughts about my nephews baby blessing, my oldest brothers birthday, my wonderful family and their wives, the missed brother, Christmas gift ideas, yearbook cover, my parents. Everything getting turned over in my mind and meditating on the wonderful time I spent with my family, and what a relief it was to see them. Roll down the windows to dry the gratitude falling off my face. One conversation kept coming to mind.
Jason asked me, "How are the boys in your life?"
"They're not." I reply.
"Whys that?" He asks.
"If you could rap up my four brothers into one man, and put him on earth, and then make him interested in me-- I'd be married."
I don't think he quite understood. It seem so difficult to find someone with enough creativity to "make everyday an adventure", as Jon states. Or to organize and plan for the future while enjoying perfect moderation of doing whats right with a perfect sense of humor. Can it be done? It has just watch Brenden. Add some kindness, concern, and a friendly conversation for just about everyone around you along with some height and you'd be getting closer to Kimbalies husband. Mix in an honest opinion, and the strongest most direct testimony and the truth of the matter is even Keith would approve of this man. But does he exist? Mom told me that in order to get this type of guy you have to be this type of person. Sometimes honestly its hard not to act like a boy since they do the asking out and the planning out a date. So I've tried to sit back and wait for Mr. Right to come along, doing what I can to be that person. I always heard about my brothers dates and how awesome it was to plan these dates that were crazy, original, and fun. So the girly-est thing i could come up with to letting someone know that your interested without asking them on a date was this:
This guy seemed to be having a bad week/month.....


Contents include: 1 plate white macadamia, 1 plate butterscotch, 1 plate chocolate chip, 1 air horn, 2 transformer kites, 1 giant milk glass, 1 Mr. Deeds, 1 Pack of Crunch and Munch. Note inside: "Hey! Noticed you've been a little down lately...."

Maybe he'll get the picture......







5 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

A few things for you:

1. Beautifully written. It literally made me get a lump in my throat.

2. Any man would be lucky to have you as his wife because believe it or not - YOU have a perfect mixture of all of your brothers.

3. I love the box. If this guy doesn't get the hint I know 4 brothers that could knock some sense into him....

4. We love you.

5. He does exist. I promise.

Malori and Jon Saline said...

You have so many talents and I wasn't aware that you could write so well on top of everything else!!! You are amazing and I am always so impressed with you and the person that you are!!
It is true that you have amazing brothers, but the fact is that it isn't only the brothers in the Saline family that are amazing! You and Shaunalee are amazing women and I am so proud to call you my new sisters!
You are a beautiful girl and you should set your standards high and eventually you will find Mr. Right - he is out there.
And...that box is awesome and if he doesn't get the hint he is not worth it!
You are amazing JoyLynn, don't sell yourself short.
And.....it was so awesome to see you last weekend! You are so much fun to talk with and hang out with! You need to come visit just because (next week Jon and I both have fall break, so if you want to come during the week or on the weekend and just hang out, you are more than welcome!)
Love you tons and tons!!!!!!!!!!

beau.shaunalee said...

You never cease to amaze me! Have you been holding out on letting the world discover your writing talents? Even Miss Cunningham would approve!!

Also, be confident. be patient. know that your family adores you. all too soon you will be discovered...and you'll forget all about your family.

"If you could envision the person God planned for you to be, you would rise up and never be the same."

i miss you.

Ostler said...

Hey brat you made me cry.I cant believe the guys there on campus aren't tripping over themselves and others to get to your front door. That is there loss though and not yours. You are beautiful fun and awesome, so when the right guy does come around then it will be magical (with some hard work)., but magical just the same. Joy I do understand the frustration of finding someone and them not being who you thought they were and also not finding the one you want and need to complete your life. As pretty as you are I just think it would be easier for you. That is the bad part of having such pretty and wonderful cousins is that well they are related. Jason

taylor ashley conatser said...

haa you made people cry over this. (: haa haa make me a box! haa just kidding. OOO OOO OOO i can send you one on your mission. clearly it won't be that good! but i can sure try. (:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger