Saturday, October 25, 2008


Hello Everyone! This is my first BLOG! YEA! So this semester has been basically amazing so far. My new roommates are just wonderful--I swear we prayed each other together. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to live with. I'll hopefully have a post with them in it soon :D. So this week has been pretty busy but equally exciting with the fall sing. I had the opportunity to hang some of my art work in the foyer of the EAC auditorium. It was exciting to watch people look at my work. Its pretty incredible watching someone gaze at something that you created, something that wasn't there before. Its like helping someone see the invisible. On top of that I get to paint a giant Gila monster in this ladies office soon, and my shirt designs for the EAC Rowdy Reptile shirts went through administration so those will be going on the shirts. Which leads me to yet another thing.
So I walk into "Patties" office (the student government advisor) and I show her my designs and before I could escape she's like "I'm sorry, what was your name?" I'm thinking 'oh no'....."Joy Lynn Saline," and at that she went off. "Your Jon and Lon's little sister aren't you!?! Oh I love them!! They were so involved in Student Government" Now everywhere I go it seems like this lady makes it a point to say hello to me. Gee thanks family. LoL its kewl actually. Thanks Jon and Lon.
Ok so I was thinking about something for this Christmas. Like its kinda kewl to try new things for Christmas. Well since all of us are in a pinch this year I was thinking it would be kewl to make a book like Nikki made Mom that one year of everything that happened this year. Everyone could make their own page about this year. Also I was thinking we could just give each other gifts we made. Like no store bought stuff, small simple homemade stuff instead of general gift buying strait from the store. And maybe everyone bring a recipe of something absolutely delicious they discovered this year and we could all make it together on our "off Christmas day"...since last year we were all together on Christmas day this year we could get together on another day instead. Hold everything off untill we all get there. Just a thought. Yeah so let me know what you think.
Well I miss you all~I love your blogs. Hope everything is going well. Loves,

11 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

YAY!! Joyynn I am so excited! :) Your blog is awesome and your blog description made me want to cry. Just so you know - your brothers and sister and sisters-in-law love you to death too. This is going to be great because now we can hear all the exciting news down there.....for instance....that is AMAZING about your artwork! I wish we could have come down there to see it! You'll have to take pics of them and put them on the blog!

I think that is a great idea about Christmas! I love trying to think of things to make and then that way we can also teach each other what we made (like I REALLY REALLY want to know how to sew!!).

Anyway, I'm so happy about your blog debut!! I've already put you on my list :).

LOVE YA!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha oops, by the way, that was supposed to read Joy Lynn..not joyynn...sorry for the typo :D.

beau.shaunalee said...

Nice blog Joy Lynn! Although I was so reluctant to start my own--I thought it was just another fad thing that would die, but it really is so great to keep in touch! THanks for calling this weekend, it made my Saturday!

Unknown said...

Hey hey! Lookin' good! I totally like this one better than the origional. All my lovin'!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Your blog is so beautiful!!! I am so excited to read about what is going on in your world!! It sounds like things are going so great this semester! I really wish we could have seen your art. You will have to let us know the next time you have an exhibit so we can make a trip down.
You are such a talented artist and we are SOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!
I think it is an amazing idea to do those things for Christmas! I think with all of the talent in our family, homemade gifts would end up being a whole lot neater than store bought ones! The book idea is great too! And we all know I am all about learning how to make new food (poor Jon is getting tired of the same 5 things)
We will have to chat about it all the next time we are all together!
Well, I have your blog on my list on my blog because I am so excited to stay in touch this way!!!
Love you so so much!!!!!1

Unknown said...

I TOOK THAT PICTURE!!!!! UPDATE SOON! I KNOW I'M BEING HYPOCRITICAL HERE BUT UPDATE!!!! (can you tell i have some hidden hostility here? :D)

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Joy Lynn! This is Tanner from your drawing class. Way to be. Blogs are the best.... almost. A free dinner buffet is probably better than most blogs, but not better than your blog. Keep it up

laneybug said...

Hey Pretty Lady!!
Im so excited you have a blog!! I saw ya on Mal's blog and got soooo excited!! It sounds like life is amazing for ya!! I am happy for ya!! Congrats on the art work!! I can't wait to see what other great things come your way!! Let me know when you are here for Christmas....Maybe we could do somethin!!
Love
Laney

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Hi Joy Lynn! It was so great to see you this weekend! Sorry you were so under the weather...
I can't wait to see you again at Christmas!!

According to Allee said...

JOY LYNN!!!!! Hey so I was just blog jumping and I saw yours :-) We did a homemade Christmas this year with my family and it turned out PERFECT!! It made the Christmas just that much better because we put so much more effort into our gifts that we all were super excited to to give our gift instead of recieve. It was wonderful! Anyway, I just mostly wanted to say hi! Hope you're doing good!

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Do you remember when you did that one blog post and then quit? I do.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger